Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Month of Letters

Today marks day one of my particular friend Mary R Kowal's challenge to write a letter a day for every postal day in February. I am taking up that challenge, but I think I may have an edge for this particular month as my birthday and Ayyam-i-Ha both fall in February, so I'll have the pre-made excuse to write thank you cards and Happy Ayyam-i-Ha cards. Today I sent off my first letter, a thank you note to my in-laws for a lovely birthday dinner on Sunday. I've also completed a letter today to be sent tomorrow to a Regency friend, written with my calligraphy pen and dip ink. My hand writing is ok, at best, but I hope it will improve upon regular use. I've pulled out my wax and seal and will attempt to send it in such a way as to not muck up the postal system's automated machines. They apparently don't like that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment