I have successfully completed the nightgown!
4 shifts - need 32 corsets - need 1
4-6 pair stockings - need 3-5
3 white petticoats - need 1
1 black under dress - need to finish trim
1 ball dress - need to redo sleeves
2 evening dresses; grey silk and purple sheer
4 day dresses - finish pink, need 3 more
Gloves, blue and white
Boots - need to make new ones for Nora and I
Dress shoes - would be nice to have another pair
2 mob caps - need 2
4 bonnets - need 2?
1 fishu - need 1
2 nightgowns - need 1 maybe
1 dressing robe - need 1
Last week Nora and I dyed some muslin for day dresses for me. I like the green we came out with, but the red is just not Turkey red yet. And a Regency girl must have her Turkey red! She has been experimenting with more color combos and I think we’re going to try again soon. I think my next steps on accomplishing this list will be as follows:
- to finish altering the pink day dress I wore on the ship in Albany; I’m changing it into a wrap around
- to finish the trim on the black dress (yes I know, this should have been done directly after the haunted summer eve, but what can ya do?)
- take Nora’s advice and get my short corset made up, since we will be sitting around a great deal at the retreat and really a short corset will be most comfortable.
- Alter my ball gown to change out the white poly for some white silk, fix the weird puckering issue (that probably only I can see) on the bodice, and replace the pearls on the outer sleeve. This dress was done a while ago, not sure if I have pix up of it, so when I start that redo I will post before and afters. I’ll probably do that for all of the redos.
- Make my green day dress, not sure what pattern to use yet…
- I’m assuming by this point we’ll have successfully turned out a Turkey red, so I can make my red day dress in the style of an extant gown I’ll post pix of at that time.
- All the underthings, maybe I can just whip em all out in a couple days since they’re not too complicated…
- The shoes!! Oh and I must must must make a viable pattern for the shoes and boots as I will be teaching a workshop on making them at the retreat.
- Dressing robe. I’ll probably need to make this pattern up at some point. I see viewing a bunch of regency era movies for ideas in my future.
- Mobcaps and fischu
- And lastly, if I have time and the inclination, another nightgown and more bonnets. I will however be making some of Stephanie’s new bonnet patterns at the retreat, so maybe it will be ok if I don’t have time for this now.
- Hmmm, feels slightly better to get that planed out. But the 60 days seems very short at this point too.